Monday, May 7, 2012

My Favorite CDs

    Today my friend let me borrow some of her Tokio Hotel CDs and even though I already put them on my Ipod I almost want to buy them. They are the only thing I have been listening to all day. The music on Schrei and Humanoid is amazing and I love the covers sooo much! I don't like to buy Cds on Itunes because you don't get the little booklets filled with pictures, and I love to have an actual CD I can hold. I love when somebody tells you about a band that you had never heard about before. Like Tokio Hotel, I didn't know them very well at all and now I love them. So I thought I would do a post saying some of my favorite Cds and If you have never heard of them before you should definitely look them up, and maybe you will find a band you absolutely love but just never listened to before.

I will start with the CDs I got today, and then I will get into some of the older bands I like, such as KISS, Bon Jovi, and Aerosmith.

HUMANOID by Tokio Hotel- You can get this album in German or English and honestly I don't know which one I like better. I think I should prefer the English because I can actually understand it but I think the German has a really cool sound to it, This album is more electronic than their other albums. Some of the songs on it are Automatic, Noise, Alien, and Humanoid.
(Pain of love)                                                         
      



SCHREI! by Tokio Hotel- This album is only in German but if you want the English you can get scream it is almost the same. This album is more rock, it was Tokio Hotels first album so they were pretty young when they made it, but the quality of the music is just as good as when they were older and had more experience. Some songs on it are Durch Den Monsun, Rette Mich, and Schrei.
(Schrei)
      
WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE by Alice Cooper- This album is a lot older than the first two, it came out on a record! But now its on CD and I love it. Alice is know for shock rock and even though the listeners cant see the make-up and the fake blood, he definitely has some interesting songs in there, like Black Widow, and Cold Ethyl a song about a dead girl. You have to take this album with a grain of salt. He wasn't serious about many of the topics he sang about but its probably not for everyone. Personally I think it is his best album.
(welcome to my nightmare)
      
THESE DAYS by Bon Jovi- I don't actually have this Cd but I really want it. This album is almost entirely made of power ballads and has a bit darker tone than their other albums but I think most of the songs are very pretty and I think the lyrics of all the songs really meant a lot to the band and you can tell by the way they sing them.  Some of the more popular songs on this album are Hey God, These Days, This Ain't a Love Song, and Lie To Me. But if you don't already have some of there other more popular songs I would recommend listening to a greatest hits CD because These Days is different than most of their other albums.
(Lie To Me)
       
DESTROYER by KISS- This is arguably KISS' greatest studio album. It has some of their biggest hits such as Detroit Rock City, God of Thunder, Shout It Out Loud, Beth, and one of my favorites Do You Love Me. It was the first KISS album to have really great production and they could afford to use cool effects such as an orchestra for Beth because they had just come over the huge success of KISS Alive! I also love that Ace Frehely was still the lead guitar player at the time.
(Shout It Out Loud)
         
LOVE GUN by KISS- This is probably my favorite album, There isn't a song on it that I don't like. The whole album is very upbeat and very classic KISS. Some of the songs on it are I Stole Your Love, Shock Me (sung by Ace Frehely), Plaster Caster, and the title track Love Gun.
(Love Gun)
       
PUMP by Aerosmith- I love this album, it is not one of Aerosmith's most famous but I think it is just as good. It still sounds like a classic Aerosmith album and has some great songs like Love in an Elevator, Janie's Got a Gun, and My Girl.
(The Other Side)
       
That's all of my Favorite albums, hopefully you liked some of them too.

2 comments: