Monday, April 9, 2012

KISS, Should new members get new make-up?

  KISS is in my opinion the best rock band ever! I wasn't around when they started but I really liked the band with all the original members, Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehely and Peter Criss. KISS are still my favorite band and I like Tommy and Eric but sometimes I wish they still had the original lineup. I also really liked Eric Carr R.I.P..  What was your favorite line up? 
  One of the things I really liked about the original group was that they all seemed more or less equal members. In interviews they all got to talk, now it seems like Paul and Gene talk at least twice as much as the other two.
  I know a lot of people with different opinions on weather or not Tommy and Eric should be wearing Ace and Peters make up, what do you think? Should they have their own costumes like Eric and Vinnie did? I feel like by using the original members make-up they are trying to pretend like it's the same band it was in the 70s. I also think that since the whole point of having the make-up was to show who they where Tommy and Eric should get to have their own. Paul Stanley has the Starchild persona because he always wanted to be a star, and he wanted to be romantic. Gene Simmons is the Demon because he loves monster movies and comic books. Ace Frehely was spaced out so he became Space Ace and Peter really identified with cats so he became Catman. I don't know for sure but I doubt that Eric ever wanted to be a cat or that Tommy is often spaced out the way Ace was. I think that they are not the same band as they where before the members changed so they shouldn't pretend like they are. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. I think Tommy and Eric S. should have their own persona's. Eric Carr,and Vinnie Vincent had to. So, I only think it's fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really should have their own characters based on their own personalities. I can't imagine someone replacing Paul Stanley (which may have to happen soon based upon how his voice is sounding after his throat surgery) and that person would be allowed to wear the StarChild make-up...no way. It wouldn't feel right and it wouldn't BE right.

    The fans aren't quick to accept these other musicians as actual members of the band because they are wearing the same outfits and make-up that Peter and Ace wore. That makes them appear as though they are simply replacements and not worthy of the same respect that Paul and Gene receive. I'm really surprised that Tommy and Eric go along with it.

    ReplyDelete