Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

   The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is once again doing their induction ceremony. This year they are inducting Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, Donovan, Laura Nyro, Small Faces, and Guns n' Roses without Axle Rose. It's not that they didn't want to induct him, just that he didn't want to be inducted. Apparently he thinks it would just be too awkward to go to the ceremony with the rest of his old band.
   I think that a lot of the people in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be there but I think there are also a lot of people who aren't in the hall but should be. To name a few, KISS, Bon Jovi, Rush, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Def Leppard. They are all really good bands and some of them have been eligible for years but haven't even been nominated. I really think these bands should be in the hall especially when you consider that bands like ABBA made it in. I like ABBA and think they are a great band but can you really consider them rock n' roll? I don't think anyone can honestly say that ABBA made more of a contribution to rock than bands such as KISS and Def Leppard. So I was wondering what you thought about the rock n' roll hall of fame? Who should be in it? Who shouldn't?  I don't want to say that everyone in there shouldn't be. There are definitely some really great bands that made it in, but I think if they are going to have rock in their name they should be inducting the actual rock bands, not other genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment